Building Automation System (BAS) Technician
Under the general direction of the Associate Manager, Plant Services the incumbent performs skilled work to ensure that the various building operations computer systems are communicating properly with each other, and troubleshoots and modifies programming as necessary. The Technician will have first line responsibility for diagnosing and maintaining the college-wide Siemens Building Automation System. The incumbent will monitor the operation and performance of all building systems and will continuously communicate with the Manager regarding the status of operations.
As a BAS Technician, the incumbent will participate in responding to service calls, perform maintenance on building infrastructure/systems such as, but not limited to, HVAC equipment, lighting control systems, energy metering systems, and building automation systems. S/he will maintain record documentation of all installations, inspections, maintenance and logs of failed equipment and systems. As a key member of the Plant Services Team, the Technician is required to be on call 24/7 on a rotational basis according to a published schedule.
The successful candidate will possess a 3-year diploma in Engineering, Building Science or Building/Construction Technology and a minimum of 5 years of experience, along with the following:
- Experience in the controls industry including commissioning, software operation, calibration, field services & troubleshooting.
- Proven experience with HVAC DDC/ BAS controls products and tools are necessary. Knowledge of HVAC DDC/BAS control system installations, programming, graphical user interface modification, system integrations, start-up, checkout and commissioning are required.
- Knowledge of and practical experience in the areas of energy management and indoor air quality are essential.
- Adept in the use of standard user interface features like trending and scheduling.
- Experience with open protocols like LonWorks and BACnet is an asset. Programming experience is essential.
- Good understanding of HVAC Sequence of Operations, energy initiatives and efficiencies • Competency in Networking TCP/IP, MSTP protocol within the LON/BACnet applications.
- Experience with pneumatic controls would be beneficial.
- Good understanding of mechanical HVAC systems and electrical control systems is an asset.
Assistant Manager, Plant Services
Capital Development & Facilities Management
Humber Lakeshore Campus, Humber North Campus
Skill Testing Required:
Hourly Wage Rate:
Payband I, Start Rate: $33.67 Maximum Rate: $39.02
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week
Apply to this Job